GETTING THE RIGHT PEOPLE DOING THE RIGHT THINGS AND DOING THEM WELL
Recruiting, training and retaining talented sales managers and sales professionals is essential for a company’s ongoing success. And, if you’ve got good people, it’s important to get them doing the right things with the right kind of support. When you get it wrong, people underperform, under-deliver and often damage your business brand, at great cost.
Our approach to talent management ideally starts at the very beginning by writing the correct job description and placing it on appropriate media and information channels to target the right kind of talent. Interviewing is a process that also needs to be well-managed, as does follow-up action like filtering, scoring and assessing.
We focus on predicting success on the job rather than describing broad traits like “extroversion.” We have researched and developed scales that measure the specific skills and behaviours needed to be successful on the job. It may be interesting to know a candidate’s energy level, for example, but it is critical to know that the sales candidate can successfully prospect, resolve objections, and close. We use actuarial-based audits above personality profiles to eliminate emotion and produce factual assessments. Whether you’re assessing potential new hires or existing sales people, our checks will tell you if you’ve got it right:
- We’ll tell you if you someone has specific weaknesses in a particular role
- We’ll show you how to coach and upskill those weaknesses
- We’ll tell you if you’re trying unsuccessfully to squeeze a square peg into a round hole regarding sales employees
- We’ll tell you if certain people will never succeed, even if you intervene to close gaps and upskill
- We’ll tell you if you’ve got the right or wrong people in your company
- We’ll assess new or existing job specs, performance measures and reward programmes
- We’ll advise you on how to change behaviour and how to keep driving behavioural change
- We’ll also tell you if your remuneration, commission and incentive structures are working and how they could improve
- We’ll broach those tough conversations to tell you if it’s just a few tweaks or major restructuring that’s required
Our approach to talent management extends beyond just one or two individuals. We assess roles and responsibilities for people, units, team, locations and also look across national and global regions. We strive to put the best people and the best teams in place so that your sales story takes a turn for the better and delivers stronger and more sustainable growth.